Pics posted over in ABPW, first pic post ever!

Folks -

I posted three photos of a keepsake box I built for my sister over in APBW. I built the box proper out of black walnut with a sandblasted redwood base. My wife did an etched copper lid with black walnut leaf fronds. I mitered the top edges of the box so I could incorporate natural edges surrounding the copper (with props to George Nakashima!). That was a tough one... The bottom panel is also copper, sanded and lacquered.

I found a box of letters that my Brother in Law wrote to my sister while he was in basic, getting ready to ship out to 'nam. I built this box to house those letters and gave it to her for her birthday last month.

The walnut and redwood came from our property and I only wish I had more of both. Your remarks are welcomed...

Thanks in advance

John Moorhead Lakeport CA

Reply to
john moorhead