Photo and Article Credits

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 00:03:53 -0600, the infamous Morris Dovey scrawled the following:

with the maze popup, and then I got the background discussion about buying Christmas trees, coupled with no download.

Wut up wi dat, homey?

Never mind. [removing Google Chrome from my system now]

-- "I believe that sex is one of the most beautiful, natural, wholesome things that money can buy." --Tom Clancy

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Oops! Firefox blocked the popup (I did have to wait through the delay) and I hit the download button. I just noticed that I still have the RAR archive on my machine, so let me know if you'd like my copy.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 13:00:31 -0600, the infamous Morris Dovey scrawled the following:

Thanks anyway. I got it via Firefox and there was no ad popup. Chrome is history, though. I will miss it for watching movies. It brought up Netflix queue in 3 seconds flat, vs 25-60 for FF or MSIE. The ads were just too much.

had popups and half a page of ads, too, but only with Chrome. It's normal with FF, my usual. I tried Chrome because of the problems with FF. I'd open up several windows (all the movies from emails during the morning) and some of them would hide, sometimes while playing sounds. Not good.

-- "I believe that sex is one of the most beautiful, natural, wholesome things that money can buy." --Tom Clancy

Reply to
Larry Jaques

No they do -not-. At least if they live in a country which has adopted the 'Berne Convention' (of 1986) on copyright.

Copyright is _automatic_ when the work is created, regardless of whether or not there is any claim attached to it.

Google on 'Berne convention' to find out who has signed on to it -- it *IS* virtually every developed, and semi-developed, country in the world.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

It is just good publication practice to post notice of who the copyright holder is of any work. It the piece is not taken maliciously and the copyright information deleted you still get credit of the work. Also, if a researcher does find it on the internet it makes it possible for them to contact you to arrange for a license. You will find that publishers still respect the copyright information of creators of works and do place copyright information in the back of the book. But it is possible for the creator to affix a requirement of placing the copyright information along with the creation on the same page if stated in the licensing requirements. If someone removes the copyright information it shows they are maliciously stealing the work.

For those who would like to read a layman=92s writing of the Berne Convention on copyrights here is a link for that purpose:

Roy

Roy

Reply to
ROYNEU