Personal gloat (Driver Drill)

You may not be impressed but I am very pleased. [Makita 14.4v Driver and Hammer for $216.]

I have always just used the shops driver drills, mostly Dewalt but a few other brands floating around. But I really need my own tool. I did a bunch of research and decided upon Milwaukee because it had the most torque and a nice chuck. Then I tried one for a while and hated how it felt.

I'm also kinda tired of the weight of an 18v and the 14v seem usually good enough.

Then I had a project where I needed to use a hammer drill and kinda loved it. Now I was torn as to which to buy first.

As it turns out I didn't have to choose. I just bought the Makita 14.4v bundle that includes both drill driver and hammer drill + a work light for $216 w/free shipping. The only down side is I only get 2 batteries vs 4. The batteries are $50 and $316 would still be a decent price.

Since I mostly work by myself right now, the two batteries shared between the two drills should be fine. The few times that I have a drill and screw going at the same time is rare for me and I could either not have any backup battery or use a quick change on the driver and have the other battery charging.

BW

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com