Pegboard strips as lumber stickers?

Anyone have any experience using pegboard material (masonite) as stickers for storing lumber? I'm hoping to use some of the scrap I've accumulated to sticker a small amount of kiln dried hardwoods.

Reply to
Larry Kraus

Why? If dry, they don't need stickers, and close-stacked lumber is a safer stack from an ignition standpoint than one with air all around.

Reply to
George

Reply to
Wilson Lamb

Ditto what the others have said though you may want to use some strips every few layers to settle the load.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

For long term storage correct,

But according to FWW, you may want to sticker some wood that you are getting ready for a project. The new issue has an article about truing wood. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski