pearlite????

Does anyone know where I can buy sheets of pearlite?? I have tried google and can't seem to locate a supplier. All I see is definitions and gun grips made from it.

Thanks, Kris

Reply to
Kris

Mebbe try a lutherie supplier? If I understand it correctly, that is. I'm thinking pearlite is, um, sheets of pearly-looking stuff (like what is used for accents on guitar necks).

If that's the case, I would repost this message to the music.makers.builders newsgroup. I can't remember if it's rec. or alt.

Hope it helps.

-Phil Crow

Reply to
phildcrowNOSPAM

I am looking for pearlite 1/4" and thicker luthier suppliers don't have that.

Thanks though

Reply to
Kris

Kris notes:

I tried a fast Google or two and discovered, among other things, that "pearlite" is heavily involved with metals, specifically sheet steel in the instances I found. So that's not much help.

I did try looking up plastics manufacturers. I suggest you do the same: you'll find most are Asian, I think (seem to be heavily Indian, then Chinese, Malaysian, Thai). Check with their sites to see what they make and then find a way (this may be a lot of fun) to ask them who their U.S. distributors are.

Good luck.

Charlie Self "I think we agree, the past is over." George W. Bush

Reply to
Charlie Self

Your post, Charlie, led me to pull out my woodturning catalogs as the pen makers often use similar pearly material but not in sheet form. It appears a more accurate label instead of pearlite would be acrylester and celluloid. A quick google search using these words along with sheet and knife or gun turned up what I think is what the OP is looking for.

For example:

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC