Palm Router - Any good ones?

I'm looking for a palm router/laminate trimmer that has a base with less flex than the Porter Cable. Any suggestions?

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

People seem to like the Bosch Colt. Doesn't look flexy at all to me.

Reply to
boorite

Which PC is "flexy"? They make several models.

Reply to
B A R R Y

"Jay Pique" wrote in news:1157588672.012691.291620 @e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com:

I have a PC 7310, and understand what you mean, I think. That's ome reason I bought a PC 310, and older, sturdier, more expensive, design.

I also bought a Bosch palm router, PR20EVSK, which works pretty well.

None of them is perfect, however. You have to pay attention with all of them, or get some funky results.

BTW, both of my PC laminate trimmers have subbases on them I got from Pat Warner. That helps a LOT!

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

7310.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

Yeah I just looked at the PC 310 and really like the looks of it a lot more. I'm thinking that's prolly the way to go.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

Where are you finding a 310? All I can find is a 7310.

Reply to
CW

"CW" wrote in news:Sz3Mg.8739$xQ1.5248 @newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net:

I ordered one through Rockler, because they would do that for me. It was a pain for them, though. And this was before the B&D merger.

has them, $25 cheaper than amazon.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Thanks.

Reply to
CW

I wrote the first question about the Colt here on the newsgroup about a

1 1/2 years ago. I picked up the first one from the rep in the area (Detroit MI area). Have used it for over a year and can say it is a real nice router. Has all the adjustments that the others (except the PC 310) lack. I don't use it as a laminate trimmer, but as a palm router.
Reply to
eganders

Doesn't it hurt to route your palm?

Reply to
CW

Got some sensitive palm trees in your area do you?

Reply to
Upscale

Mine scream. :)

Reply to
CW

I like the one that starts out "Thou I walk through the valley of death......."

Reply to
Roger M.

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am the meanest, toughest son-of-a-bitch in the valley. spasm, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn