Paint for dresser

My wife requested that I paint an old dresser of ours white. I stripped the finish, sanded the piece, put on a coat of Kilz latez primer, and now I am ready to paint it.

What type of paint should I use? Right now, I am planning to use latex semi-gloss wall paint. Is there something better?

Thanks, Dick Fitzwell

Reply to
Dick Fitzwell

enamel. tinted lacquers or tinted polys such as Enduro waterbornes, etc, etc... ANYTHING but WALL paint. :) Got an HVLP?

but then again maybe you WANT to use easy-to-mar wall paint??

dave

Dick Fitzwell wrote:

Reply to
bay area dave

Oil based (alkyd) or acrylic. Typical water based has a lot of vinyl polymer with a little acrylic. The acrylic latex should be 100% acrylic, something like Sherwin Williams Pro Classic or the cheaper Classic 99 (has only a little vinyl). Ideally, pigmented lacquer is the best but difficult for the hobbyist to find and apply.

Good Luck.

Reply to
Baron