Ouch

chisel. They WILL

It will cut through the glove... followed by the hand, followed by the bone. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

I believe you. I would like to see the same experiment done with these "high tech: glove that aren't made from natural animal hide. I'm guessing those strong strands of steel and kevlar wouldn't so forgiving.

Reply to
-MIKE-

I sit corrected. :-) As I mentioned in Leon's reply, I would like to see what happens with a glove made of kevlar and steel mesh. I think a strong woven fabric would be a different story than natural animal hide.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Yeah anything made like that to resist being cut would probably be dangerous around a saw.

Reply to
Leon

I could see the the steel mesh cutting your hand off if it did not cut and got pulled in.

Reply to
Leon

I have this vision for a horror movie. The Cheese Slicer Glove of Death Watch as the stainless steel wires are pulled across the fingers of prisoners in the torture chamber

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Yeah!

Reply to
Leon

I didn't have a whole lot of success cutting kevlar with our (kitchen!) scissors, so I ponied up & bought some scissors that actually mentioned kevlar cutting ability....

not particularly cheap, they actually work extremely well.

Right tool for the job yadayada!

Reply to
trouthead54

scissors, so I ponied up & bought some scissors that actually mentioned kevlar cutting ability....

> whilst not particularly cheap, they actually work extremely well. >

Did you try using the sandpaper. Usually about 150 grit, you cut the sandpaper with the scissor and it serates it.

The tooth from the sandpaper is all that is needed to cut kevlar.

My friend who ran a production shop to make model airplanes made of carbon and kevlar showed us this trick.

I started using it, and it cuts like butter.

Those are nice scissors you purchased.

Reply to
tiredofspam

But were you operating those scissors at a speed in excess of 100 mph??? Kevlar was not designed so that it could not be cut, it was designed so that is could not be torn or ripped suddenly, say in hundred thousands of a second.