OT: Yo, -MIKE-

This dude has something going... dunno how 'sophisticated'..but he's doing some fun stuff.

Robatoy

Thanks for that. Those guys are always entertaining. He obviously has some great "hands," as we say in drum circles (not literally in drum circles, like a bunch of hippies in a park playing djembes... but in the drumming community). He's taking some drum corps licks and few tricks and sort of playing them over and over, changing tempo and surfaces. So yeah, not too "sophisticated," but impressive and entertaining to the laymen... which are his audience.

That makes me wonder how much money those guys actually make, which I won't even get into, because it'll probably start a 4 month debate. :-)

Thanks again...

Reply to
-MIKE-

Something to _never_ say to your/a real recording engineer:

"We've got this friend who's awesome on the bongos."

(Replace "bongo" with "water tabla", "doumbek", "bodhran", etc., depending upon your age, sexual proclivities, politics, degree of touchy feely and/or political correctness).

Reply to
Swingman

Robatoy

Reply to
F Murtz

rest-room wall, "If you're a drummer, this is the only job you'll ever have."

Reply to
HeyBub

Not in my experience and the experience of most of my peers.

Reply to
-MIKE-