OT - Wind Event In Western NY/Canada - Crazy Video

We're having a bit of a wind event in Western NY. Gusts to 75 MPH.

This happened earlier today on the Canadian side of the Niagara River, opposite Buffalo.

DerbyDad03

Lots of history in the Niagara area ..

John T.

Reply to
hubops

?BREAKING NEWS? from the Tucson Police Dept:

Spalted Walt

Now *that's* funny! Thanks!

Reply to
krw

My son moved from Western NY to Las Vegas about 5 years ago. They got

2 inches of snow last week.

He texted us and said "This is outrageous! I might as well move back home." ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I understand the sentiment. I moved South so I would never have to deal with snow again. Didn't move far enough South. Two inches of snow totally freaks them out around here. Hell, just the forecast of snow freaks them out.

Reply to
krw

It is blowing in from the Canadian side. Easily prevented by putting a tariff on it.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Ummm...it's blowing *onto* the Canadian side.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

See, trade wars are easy to win.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

LOL.

We've had 2 mornings of frost this winter.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

I've scraped frost a couple of dozen times. I'm not happy about it either.

Reply to
krw

Easily solvable:

Remote Starter

(It can make you happy in the summer too)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

SWMBO has one on her car (factory). ...and it sleeps in the garage! ;-) Mine would too, if I'd get my a$$ in gear and get the siding on the house (going on the second year but my health has gotten in the way).

Reply to
krw

I have a unit with 2-way communication and a 1 mile range. It's not that I ever start it from a mile away, but I *can* start it from inside a store or theater or restaurant, etc. No need for line of sight or close proximity.

When I'm at work there are a few co-workers that come into my office to start their vehicles because my office is above the parking lot. Sometimes, just for fun, I walk down the hall to *their* offices to start mine. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Autostarters with SIM cards can start, lock or unlock, and check status from anywhere in the world with internet or cell phone access.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

No shit Sherlock.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Her's uses the cell system so she can start it from anywhere. Well, I don't pay for the cell service so...

Reply to
krw