OT - Wind Event In Western NY/Canada - Crazy Video

We're having a bit of a wind event in Western NY. Gusts to 75 MPH.
This happened earlier today on the Canadian side of the Niagara River, opposite Buffalo.
https://twitter.com/NiagParksPolice/status/1099759232751149056?s
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 16:22:36 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

Lots of history in the Niagara area ..
https://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/news-story/8186416-ice-boom-removed/
https://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/news-story/8287272-high-winds-blamed-for-broken-ice-boom-span/
https://buffalonews.com/2018/12/12/sign-of-winter-ice-boom-installation-could-start-thursday/
http://www.nflibrary.ca/nfplindex/show.asp?id —599&b=1
John T.
Add pictures here
βœ–

β€œBREAKING NEWS” from the Tucson Police Dept:
https://twitter.com/Tucson_Police/status/1099091668400189440
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 01:08:16 +0000, Spalted Walt

Now *that's* funny! Thanks!
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 9:15:00 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote:

My son moved from Western NY to Las Vegas about 5 years ago. They got 2 inches of snow last week.
He texted us and said "This is outrageous! I might as well move back home." ;-)
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 19:34:45 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

I understand the sentiment. I moved South so I would never have to deal with snow again. Didn't move far enough South. Two inches of snow totally freaks them out around here. Hell, just the forecast of snow freaks them out.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 2/24/2019 7:22 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

It is blowing in from the Canadian side. Easily prevented by putting a tariff on it.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Monday, February 25, 2019 at 8:03:48 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Ummm...it's blowing *onto* the Canadian side.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 2/25/2019 6:22 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

See, trade wars are easy to win.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Monday, February 25, 2019 at 7:37:13 PM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

LOL.
We've had 2 mornings of frost this winter.
Sonny
Add pictures here
βœ–

I've scraped frost a couple of dozen times. I'm not happy about it either.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Monday, February 25, 2019 at 9:42:49 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote:

Easily solvable:
Remote Starter
(It can make you happy in the summer too)
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 18:57:08 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

SWMBO has one on her car (factory). ...and it sleeps in the garage! ;-) Mine would too, if I'd get my a$$ in gear and get the siding on the house (going on the second year but my health has gotten in the way).
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Monday, February 25, 2019 at 10:13:51 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote:

I have a unit with 2-way communication and a 1 mile range. It's not that I ever start it from a mile away, but I *can* start it from inside a store or theater or restaurant, etc. No need for line of sight or close proximity.
When I'm at work there are a few co-workers that come into my office to start their vehicles because my office is above the parking lot. Sometimes, just for fun, I walk down the hall to *their* offices to start mine. ;-)
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 21:04:31 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

Autostarters with SIM cards can start, lock or unlock, and check status from anywhere in the world with internet or cell phone access.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Tuesday, February 26, 2019 at 12:43:49 AM UTC-5, Clare Snyder wrote:

No shit Sherlock.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 21:04:31 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

Her's uses the cell system so she can start it from anywhere. Well, I don't pay for the cell service so...

;-)
Add pictures here
βœ–