OT - What the hell are we coming to?

This was the reason for the Patriot Guard. Unfortunately, they can't be everywhere.

Reply to
CW

It's time to flush the toilet and get in new politicians. The "no person standing" should particularly apply to all incumbents. Send the message to the judges and their lobbyists: You're soon to be history.

Just as we flush a toilet, we need to change the elected officials.

Reply to
Nonny

Freedom of speech has become freedom to harass. It was intended as a check on the power of government, not as a license to harass people who have little political power or influence on events.

Reply to
J. Clarke

>>> Let me ask you: Don't you have some retired Marines in your state? Check

They have done a fine job when they are able to be there. While no one should dispute another's right to free religious expression, the expression this nutty bunch has chosen is beyond the pale in terms of tasteless, crass, and downright evil. You don't win people to your cause by antagonizing them.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

I would like to know where they are getting their money. It has to be real expensive to do all the traveling they have done over the years Curtis

Reply to
Curtis Martin

I fear that it's approaching time to water the tree.

Reply to
J. Clarke

away "substandard -- i.e., too small but still good and edible" fruit just give evidence to the fact that Great Britain is done.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Yep, the formerly Great Britain is done, stick a fork in it.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

I watch with great interest what France is going to do with the No- Veil legislation.

Reply to
Robatoy

For them, losing people IS winning says Susan Phelps:

["When the Supreme Court unanimously upholds the 4th Circuit, it's going to put this country in a rage, and we will be expelled," she said. "But whenever it was time for an epic event in the Bible, the thing that happened right before is the prophets were removed from the land, and that's what's going to happen to us. ... We're going to sprint to the end of this race."]

Of course, "expulsion" or "removal" may not take the form they are thinking about ...

Reply to
LDosser

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 15:22:54 -0500, the infamous Swingman scrawled the following:

Precisely. Conservatives don't do that against a church very often.

-- May those who love us, love us; And may those that don't love us, May God turn their hearts; And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles, So we'll know them by their limping. --old Gaelic blessing

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 17:35:46 -0400, the infamous willshak scrawled the following:

What, like substituting live ammo in the 21 Baptist shoo^H^H^H^Halute?

-- May those who love us, love us; And may those that don't love us, May God turn their hearts; And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles, So we'll know them by their limping. --old Gaelic blessing

Reply to
Larry Jaques

(his kids I think) who had broken away from the cult. They said he is literally addicted to hate, it's his reason for living. Reading about his life makes it clear he is barking-at-the-moon crazy, yet he has a vicious cunning that has allowed him to get away with a lot, including staying out of jail. A lingering death from an especially painful disease would be too good for him, he's a living example of why every so often it's good to throw a little bleach in the gene pool.

Reply to
DGDevin

Sad to say, but they've made a lot of money suing local governments that have tried to bar their revolting demonstrations. Phelps used to be a lawyer (as are a couple of his kids) until he was disbarred in Kansas for a particularly vicious and vindictive lawsuit in which he was foolish enough to perjure himself in affidavits. But that doesn't stop him from exploiting the law when he can.

Reply to
DGDevin

Sounds a bit like the Hutaree whackos.

"Now it's time to strike and take our nation back so we will be free of tyranny," Stone, 44, of Clayton, Mich., says on the recording played in court. "The war will come whether we are ready or not."

DGDevin

Wait until you see the no-veal legislation ...

Reply to
Tim Daneliuk

> brits have fallen off the edge ...

That's nothing, going to jail for defending your family against armed home-invasion robbers, now that's nuts:

DGDevin

In my state, we have a law criminalizing "Desecration of a venerated object." It applies to tipping over tombstones, spray-painting slogans on religious buildings, burning crosses, and the like. The law exists because it recognizes the outrage resulting from such actions and the natural human emotion to retaliate violently.

It is a small step to extend the concept of such a law to a funeral, a religious procession, or similar event where emotions run high.

Reply to
HeyBub

Don't forget to wash your hands before returning to work.

Reply to
HeyBub

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 19:56:56 -0700, the infamous "Nonny" scrawled the following:

Absolutely right. ALL OF THEM, EVERY F*CK*NG TERM.

-- It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. -- Charles Darwin

Reply to
Larry Jaques