OT - What the hell are we coming to?

On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 23:26:54 -0500, the infamous -MIKE- scrawled the following:

While much of what you stated is true, when the price of corn skyrockets in Mexico and people actually die of starvation because of a stupid policy our gov't has made, it's a pretty sad day. And since neither gov't seems to care, that's the true shame of it.

-- It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. -- Charles Darwin

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 22:27:54 -0700, the infamous Mark & Juanita scrawled the following:

Ditto the Reverends Jesse Jackson, Farrakhan, Wright, and thousands of other "preachers" and their churches. But the gov't recognizes them, as do political groups, because of their power. It truly sucks.

-- It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. -- Charles Darwin

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 22:33:03 -0700, the infamous Mark & Juanita scrawled the following:

OMFG! This is the Democrats' "best and brightest", serving our country, eh? Capsize!

[Stop the world. I want to get off.]

-- It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. -- Charles Darwin

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 00:19:22 -0700, the infamous "LDosser" scrawled the following:

Hey, Frank Klausz calls plane shavings "Hungarian paper towels". With only a tiny bit of imagination, they could become much more inviting than pumice, volcanic ash, corn cobs, or leaves, eh?

-- It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. -- Charles Darwin

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Don't leave out Al Sharpster.

And there was Dr. Gene Scott, the TV preacher on late night years ago, who smoked Cuban cigars, had a blues band, and took donations for his Tennessee Walking Horse breeding fees.

My kinda religion ... ;)

Reply to
Swingman

Hate to be a pest, but can you cite a reference for this happening.

Reply to
-MIKE-

=========================

Today it's his daughter's gig.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

(SNIP)

Some years back in NY state, a friend killed a doe by mistake during deer season. We did the right thing, field dressed it, hauled it out and reported to the game warden. When I was a little younger, deer siezed by the warden were taken to orphanages and other charitable care places, but he told us as far as he personally was concerned, we could keep it(but not by law of course). His reason was that they could no longer give the meat to ANY place that received state or federal government aid because the venison was not "inspected". The only place he could take it was the county jail, and their meat locker was already stuffed to overflowing with siezed venison.

IDIOCY!

Norm

Reply to
Nahmie

It must save you a lot of time, reducing everything to bumper-sticker slogans like that.

You don't want some govt. bureaucrat meddling in your health care, but apparently insurance industry bureaucrats deciding which tests your doctor can order, which drugs he can prescribe, or in some cases even whether you'll have insurance at all--that's okay.

I see the insurance industry weasels were claiming there was a loophole in the new law that would allow them to go on denying coverage to children with pre-existing conditions until 2014, but upon reflection (and a warning from the HHS Secretary) they've decided to cover those children--how magnanimous of them. Kids with health insurance coverage--good thing, or bad thing? Gee, that's a real puzzler, isn't it?

Reply to
DGDevin

On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 11:39:00 -0500, the infamous -MIKE- scrawled the following:

Yeah, I read it somewhere and will see if I can find it for you.

Oops, no, that's dead fish from corn growers.

OMG!

OK, 15 minutes of searching and no joy. I don't recall where I read it, Mike. You're on your own.

-- It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. -- Charles Darwin

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 10:52:14 -0700 (PDT), the infamous Nahmie scrawled the following:

Kin ewe say "Speaking Weasels"? I knew you could.

-- It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. -- Charles Darwin

Reply to
Larry Jaques

She the blond with the long pinstripe coat?

Reply to
LDosser

(Lowell George)

Oh, that Henny Youngman.

Reply to
LDosser

Good for burnishing woodturnings.

Reply to
LDosser

You didn't even bother to watch the video, did you? If you did, can you honestly say you are happy that this idiot is evaluating and voting on legislation that affects *you* and the rest of the country? This yokel, along with the likes of the congresswoman who,when being shown video from the Mars Rover asked the NASA folks if it was going to go over and take pictures of the flag that the astronauts had planted in 1969 are, if not making, voting on policies that impact all citizens of the country. We deserve better than that.

... snip of typical statist rant

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

------------------------------------------- Around here it's long black locks, but then only her hairdresser knows for sure.

Haven't seen the P/S coat, YET.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett
[snipped for brevity]

a) That is some funny.....

b) Yes, you do deserve better than that.

Reply to
Robatoy

It is idiots like these whose actions result in bad legislation intended to address breaches of courtesy that should not have occurred and that if they occurred should have been handled by those present, preferably with the aid of tar and feathers. However remonstrating forcibly with the terminally discourteous is now likely to land you in jail.

Reply to
J. Clarke

I believe the quote is "manure the tree."

Reply to
Steve

Oh, yeah, Hep C _IS_ comedy gold.

Reply to