OT - Turkey Poem

(Ladies'll love the last stanza.)

'Twas the night of Thanksgiving, But I just couldn't sleep I tried counting backwards, I tried counting sheep. The leftovers beckoned The dark meat and white But I fought the temptation With all of my might.

Tossing and turning with anticipation The thought of a snack became infatuation. So, I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door And gazed at the fridge, full of goodies galore.

I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes, Pickles and carrots, beans and tomatoes. I felt myself swelling so plump and so round, 'Til all of a sudden, I rose off the ground.

I crashed through the ceiling, floating into the sky With a mouthful of pudding and a handful of pie. But, I managed to yell as I soared past the trees.... Happy eating to all Pass the cranberries, please.

May your stuffing be tasty, May your turkey be plump. May your potatoes 'n gravy Have nary a lump, May your yams be delicious May your pies take the prize, May your Thanksgiving dinner Stay off of your thighs. --- Is it time for your medication or mine?

Custom Website Applications

Reply to
Larry Jaques

They do. SWMBO forwarded me a copy of this from the quilting NG.

--RC

Sleep? Isn't that a totally inadequate substitute for caffine?

Reply to
rcook5

TURKEY DRESSING RECIPE

Ingredients:

3, Eggs 1 Tbl, Salt 1, Green Pepper, Finely Chopped 3 1/2 Cup, Popcorn 3 Cup, Rice, Uncooked * Parsley, Fresh, Finely Chopped * Garlic Clove, Pressed
  • Add To Suit Taste

Instructions:

Mix All Ingredients Well And Stuff Turkey Carcass. Bake @ 350 F Until Popcorn Blows Ass Off Turkey, Then Go To A Good Restaurant And Have Dinner.

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

"popcorn" yeah right... when and if I do my own stuffing, it will be from my own recipe for rye bread!

Reply to
AAvK

You didn't read the rest of it, did you?

Reply to
J. Clarke