OT: TurboCad Help

Ok. Before I throw my laptop across the room. What is the best way to make a rail with a curve on the bottom? I tried drawing the three sides of the rectangle in 2D then placed a 'spline by control points' curve on the bottom, but I can never get all the lines to become one surface. I have done this before, but I cant remember how.

The curve on the bottom of this CAD dresser is what I am trying to duplicate.

Garage_Woodworks

I cannot for certain explain how to do it with TurboCad But with AutoCAD you start with an arc command and choose starting, mid, and end points. Or a circle command if you know the radius of the arc and then break the circle outside of the stop and start points.

Reply to
Leon

What I have done in the past is to draw a solid 3D rectangle, then placed a line at the center of the edge I wanted to round. The line length was the depth I wanted the arc. Then used the arc by three points command to create an arc, starting at one of the rectangular solid, the center line and the end. I think you can cut the solid with the arc, if not, then connect a line from one end of the arc to the other and extrude a solid the thickness of the board. Use the solid subtraction function with the arc solid as the subtrahend to mill off the part you don't want.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

"Garage_Woodworks"

allows you to choose the start, middle and end points and draws an arc based on same.

IIRC, TurboCAD, the last time I used it, also did this.

Help file on the above term?

Reply to
Swingman

You need more experience with Turbocad; just use the arc tool.

Reply to
Twayne

OK. I figured it out. I drew a rectangle and then traced out the top and sides using the polyline tool. I created the curve on the bottom using the 'spline by control points' command and then deleted the rectangle. I connected the polylines and curve into one surface using the 'Join Polyline' tool. Next I made it 3D by creating some 'Thickness' in the properties.

thanks.

Here it is so far. No drawer pulls are drawn yet and the drawer supports have not been added yet.

Garage_Woodworks