OT Thickness gage leaf size

I picked up a Starrett 467 thickness gage at the flea market last weekend. I finally got all the leaves unstuck, not rust, just very old oil. It matches the decription for the 13 leaf model shown here

would it have a .0015 leaf instead of .001? I can see how to make sizes up to .019 and will assume the others but without .001 I can't check that size. Is is just too thin to include, I notice none of the others go to .001 either? Joe

Reply to
Joe Gorman

Check to ake sure it isn't stuck to a thicker blade.(It's done that way to prevent bending.)

Bowhunter

Reply to
bowhunter

Reply to
Joe Gorman

Reply to
Mark L.
0.0015 is typically the thinest blade in a feeler blade set. It's pretty thin and very easy to break off; I've always assumed 0.001 would be to weak.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Wheeler