OT: Sunday morning phone call.

I guess those people and insurance people become jaded. Glad to hear it was nothing serious.

Reply to
Leon

There were 66 teams. They played at the university. For the most part, it is her pride that got hurt, that and the prospect that she won't be playing for a while. She's just not the type you sideline. That girl loves her rugby.

Reply to
Robatoy

Experienced that twice, once getting thrown off a horse, and the other time playing football. Both concussions, and to this day I remember nothing for most of the day prior the incidents, and just fuzzy recollections for a few hours afterward. Both times I have vague recollections of anger, immediately after, at not being able to remember.

Dad always said if I ever fell on my feet I'd probably kill myself.

You're right about a thorough checkup, In one of the incidents above, and who knows which, I actually fractured a vertebrae in my neck, something which wasn't known until an xray some twenty five years later.

Reply to
Swingman

Good thing daughter is okay. Bad thing is the hospital's way of doing things. Sunday morning - they probably have the least senior people working. Bad thing is that this is a popular way of phishing for info. I think I would have asked for a location, name, and phone number first, then called the hospital (only after verifying the phone number was legitimate).

Reply to
R. F. Duffer

Glad to hear it wasn't more serious. I'd be tempted to give a few people in that hospital a concussion, starting with the registration clerk.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Angela did the verification thing by asking a lot of questions right off the bat about what they did have for info. But you absolutely right, one can't be too careful.

Reply to
Robatoy

They had no way of knowing that Angela had worked a rehab floor for 10 years as an RN. Many young kids on that floor who had diving accidents, The Human Pyramid stupidities and other wasted lives due to sports and careless injuries. To her 'Head & Neck Injuries' means something totally different than to most of us. She was a frickin' mess till the kid got home and that is saying something as she is one tough customer. But still there has to be some directive of how you say what you say in that job. I do, however, still feel like smacking a few heads together.

Reply to
Robatoy

Isn't that where: "First, lets kill all the lawyers." comes from?

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Thinking about it, when my daughter was injured (a similar age to your daughter at the time), it was close to the school gates and word spread like wildfire. Apart from a guy who rushed out from his house to assist, who then accompanied her in the ambulance. (I suspect it was they who called for the ambulance), the deputy-head followed the ambulance to the hospital in his car. It was he, or the school (I'm not sure because my wife was contacted first) who contacted us not the hospital. He stayed there with her till my wife arrived.

Shouldn't the coach or some other team official have contacted you before your daughter even reached the hospital?

Shouldn't they have been there "holding her hand"?

Reply to
Stuart