OT. Small motor

Someone here said it's vegetable oil based, to make it easy to launder out.

Reply to
Father Haskell

MOST are highly refined chemically treated petroleum oils, but some are silicone oils, some are ester oils, and some are jojoba oil - or a mixture of jojoba and ester. and sometimes also silicone.

Reply to
clare

Not only:

I got a non-working grandfather clock.

I put the innards in a hydrosonic batch for a couple of hours (don't ask me to describe the resultant solution - it was gross). In my legacy drawer was a small bottle of watch oil left me by my grandfather.

The oil was made from real whales.

Clock works fine, now.

Reply to
HeyBub

That "real whale oil" was likely over 70 years old. GREAT stuff for those very fine applications.

Reply to
clare