OT: Pray for rain.

James Dobson, a man whose message has I have listened to for years, called upon the conservative base to pray for rain on the Dems' party at Mile High Stadium.

I thought he was out of line.

Apparently, so did Gustav.

Talk about Karma.

The irony, the irony.

Reply to
Robatoy

These guys, Falwell, Roberts, Robertson, et. al. seem to go out of their way, way far out of their way, to give their BOSS a bad name. Far as I know, their BOSS only "lost it" once - and drove The Money Changers out of The Temple. He basically went with " do unto others . . ." - without these guys's adendum "but do it to them FIRST - AND GET 'EM GOOOOOOOD!"

If HE'D stayed in HIS grave, I have a feeling HE'd be rolling over in it - at 50000 RPMS - or more. I'm mystified that HE hasn't given these men a little wap on the back of the head with an admonishment - DUMMY! Stop THAT!

If ever there was a reason to believe there is no Benevolent Particapatory God . . . (it there were HE/SHE/IT would surely at least take these folks over HIS/HER/IT's knee and paddle their sorry little asses.)

Sad, really sad.

charlie b

Reply to
charlieb

Give these guys there due.

They've all figured out a high paid gig that beats working for a living.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Theomarketing--the new growth industry.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Yeah, there's a whole lot of similarity there: on the one side hoping for a natural occurrence to disrupt what many saw as hubris and arrogance while the other side is hoping for a natural disaster that endangers lives and property. Yeah, totally the same thing.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

What a typical crock of shit, Mark! NObody hoped for that natural disaster. YOUR side pray for rain in order to disrupt a democratic pre-election event. And YOU have the gall to talk about hubris and arrogance??? And I suppose that when YOUR gang prays for rain, it is a natural event, and hurricanes are not natural but driven by liberals?

Give your head a shake, bro'! You have lost your way.

Reply to
Robatoy

Robatoy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@m44g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:

Give him hell - he's proven that he's tough.

Reply to
Elrond Hubbard

I considered that line of work at one time but decided I'd never be able to keep a straight face :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

A basic prerequisite for any successful con artist.

SFWIW, can do a very realistic hell fire and brimstone Sunday night tent revival preacher impression.

Burt Lancaster had nothing on me.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Wouldn't expect someone from outside the US to understand the issue. The Invesco field idea was a last-minute brainstorm from The One to hold this gigantic acceptance speech in front of 10's of thousands of adoring fans instead of inside the Pepsi Center where the rest of the convention was held. This caused significant disruption to the convention planning that was already well underway -- both for the organizers and the media. Putting on one of these conventions is an undertaking of epic proportions and planning starts many months, if not a year or so in advance. So, yes, the whole change of venue thing in order to get a larger crowd was arrogance and hubris -- it put a lot of people into a major re-planning effort, it cost a lot of money (remember, The One still claims to be getting a lot of that money from the small donors, how many $50 pledges did it take to pay for that replanning?). Maybe they made up for those re-planning costs with the $1 Million skyboxes for the high rollers.

Frankly, if you can't see the difference between a call for a natural event that merely inconveniences a few people and calls to attention the fact that The One can't control the weather (so maybe the indoor venue would have been a good idea) with the comments and glee expressed by the other side about a hurricane that was going to cause real damage and hurt people, it's not worth further discussion.

Is that all you've got?

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

That's right. People's intelligence and their ability to draw conclusions stops at your border. Speaking of arrogance.

And to suggest I felt some sort of glee because people were getting hurt proves you are a true Rovian. All made up shit to make me look bad. How typical. You are what you are.

Reply to
Robatoy

Your frustration is showing.

As Bill Maher noted on the Tonight Show, McCain is a lounge act, compared to Obama.

St Paul will be a challenging venue for him to fill.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Why should I care about what Bill Maher says? I'll say this...if our national security ever comes down to who can read a speech from a teleprompter the best, it's Obama all the way.

todd

Reply to
todd

Does your knee-jerk conservative yammering merit any more than that?

Reply to
Elrond Hubbard

Just hope the power doesn't go out on that teleprompter. He's toast if he has to think and talk.

Reply to
krw

Regardless, Gustav was a big help to McCain as it motivated both Bush and Cheney to cancel their speeches at the convention.

Reply to
fredfighter

You're a funny guy. Project much there?

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Are you using 'project' as a noun or a verb? If noun, than your grammar ain't so good, but yes, I do quite a few projects here. If verb, then I... wait, that's a bit of a personal question, don't you think?

Reply to
Elrond Hubbard