OT: Pet peeve.

So, you pull up behind a guy at a red traffic signal. He's going where you're going. Straight. The lane to the right of you (normally for straight-through and right- turns) is filling up with cars. Then, the light goes green...and the IDIOT in front of you, puts on his left-turn signal.

20-30 cars coming from the other end, later..HE gets to make the left turn at the VERY end of the yellow..and there you are, like a farking idiot waiting for the light to change.

Is it wrong for me to get totally pissed at that?

honk

Robatoy

Lean heavily, without cessation, on the horn ... even if she doesn't remove the cell phone from her ear and go straight, you'll have at least vented some artery clogging frustration.

... and what's with the these 20 something females tailgating on the freeway at 80 while driving with one leg cocked up in the seat?

Sheeesh, talk about faith in brakes ...

Reply to
Swingman

That was YOU behind me..??? ;-)

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O.

Robatoy wrote: | So, you pull up behind a guy at a red traffic signal. | He's going where you're going. | Straight. | The lane to the right of you (normally for straight-through and | right- turns) is filling up with cars. | Then, the light goes green...and the IDIOT in front of you, puts on | his left-turn signal. | 20-30 cars coming from the other end, later..HE gets to make the | left turn at the VERY end of the yellow..and there you are, like a | farking idiot waiting for the light to change. | | Is it wrong for me to get totally pissed at that?

Hmm - would you have been equally irritated if he'd signaled his left turn sooner?

I won't even bother to suggest that it might have been both faster _and_ less stressful to have been in the right lane...

So what did you lose - an entire minute? I guess it's not really wrong, but life's just too short to waste on being pissed at the inevitable.

Morris Dovey

Recently, near Toronto, IIRC, 4 teens dead... the driver was frickin' TEXTING a message to one of her freinds at the time of the accident..

Reply to
Robatoy

Check your local gun laws. I'm pretty sure you are allowed to shoot.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

| Check your local gun laws. I'm pretty sure you are allowed to shoot.

While I was in Phoenix a couple of years ago, a guy did exactly that.

I'm fairly certain that being charged with homicide didn't really improve his day.

Morris Dovey

The Solution?:

tak

That warrants a good "pissed" alright. But there are MANY things people do that would rate a good "pissed". I get pissed at people who think they can drive and talk on the cell phone at the same time. I drove my pickup to the local blue borg the other day, maybe a 10 minute drive round trip, and had to exercise my anti-lock brakes THREE times. All three times by young females (probably late teens or early twenties) and all talking on the *&@&%#@& CELL PHONE! People that say they can talk on the phone and it doesn't affect their driving are lying to themselves.

Wayne

Reply to
NoOne N Particular

*Wrong?* We can't answer that, it's a personal judgement call. But it is certainly *useless* to get worked up over.
Reply to
Steve Wolfe

Gallagher was right, again...

In an early routine, he said that every driver should be issued one of those little suction cup dart guns and 3 darts, with a flag saying "stupid" on it.. Get 3 flags on your car and you get busted for being stupid..

Might not be effective, but it's a stress relieving thought..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Too true... In my experience in the bad old days of my personal road rage, I would tail gate, flash my lights, gesture, etc... I failed to notice that nothing I did or said bothered the idiot in front of me in the least... I finally realized in my 40's that I was the idiot..lol

Spend a few days driving in Mexico and your local idiots won't bother you nearly as much...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Where do you live? I'd like to know so I can avoid your drunk ass on the road.

Reply to
efgh

| Gallagher was right, again... | | In an early routine, he said that every driver should be issued one | of those little suction cup dart guns and 3 darts, with a flag | saying "stupid" on it.. Get 3 flags on your car and you get busted | for being stupid.. | | Might not be effective, but it's a stress relieving thought..

ROFL - I love it!

Morris Dovey

You got that right. Scariest place I've ever driven....#2 Boston downtown

Reply to
Lee

My pet peeve is people who drink and drive. Do us all a favor and drink at home instead.

Reply to
T. Rex

for street use. The Israelis have a version with a 90mm gun, although the standard 37mm should suffice for any likely traffic condition.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Boston requires local knowledge. "xxx Boylston Street" doesn't tell you _which_ Boylston Street. And they never bothered to put back the street markers that they removed in 1776 to confuse the British.

Reply to
J. Clarke

If you're going to talk about driving peeves, the one that peeves me is the kind of asshat who'll put his gorgeous girlfriend on the back of his motorcycle with no protective equipment and then go hotdogging so this

happens and she ends up like this
or worse. Note that the two are _not_ of the same person.

Reply to
J. Clarke

NO. And if you drive in Houston that person in the left lane in front of you is equally as likely to want to turn right also even though he is in the left or straight lane. He will hold up traffic waiting for the right lane to clear so that he can make an illegal right hand turn. It seems in Houston that it is OK to go any direction you want regardless of which lane you are sitting in. I guess most drivers think those arrow signs are a suggestion rather than a rule. And if someone is driving too slow, in two lanes, are holding up traffic in general, it is about a 99% chance he has a cell phone hanging out of his ear.

Reply to
Leon