I am thinking about installing pull up bars in my lawn. For this
purpose, my plan was to use 4x4 pressure treated posts (about 4'
apart) and then put a bar between them at abt 7' ht. However, I have
1. How deep in the ground should the posts be.
2. Do I need concrete to hold them, or will the dirt I dig up/gravel
be sufficient to keep them stable.
3. Another thought I had was to use 3 posts in a right angle triangle
shape (each arm at right angles to be abt 4') or to use 4 posts to
make it a 4' square, to make the structure more stable. Is that
preferable, and if so which one (triangle or square)? I want to use
min # of posts so as to use min amt of area in the lawn.
4. What is the best way to tie the bar to the posts?
5. Lawn is regularly watered. Is that a problem? Any precaautions I
need to take?
Thanks for your help in advance.