The Davenport's

It's all done with Voice over IP now = no long distance. Otherwise they could never afford to do it.

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

Show me your tax bill and then tell me again that the cost was zero.

todd

Reply to
todd

My tax bill is the same as anybody else in my income bracket.

Reply to
Robatoy

I've learned that when I get someone who is speaking English as their

4th language, to ask early on for someone that speaks good English. It has worked a couple of times.

Wayne

Reply to
NoOne N Particular

You might find one of my experiences with Cisco amusing. One night a few years ago, one of our offices started having connection problems with the main office. Since I was on-call I went and started diagnosing the problem. Got down to the Cisco router so I called their Tech support. The person that answered the phone was actually a pretty good tech, but his accent made me ask where he was. He was in New Zealand. We decided that we needed a replacement router so he said he would make arrangements to have one sent out. I told him that I would really like to have the office back up and running by morning and asked where the replacement was going to be shipped from. San Jose, California he said. I said OK, I'm in San Jose so what is the address that it will be shipped from? He gave me the address and as luck would have it, it was very literally a block away. I was even looking at the very building out the front window of the office I was in. I told him that I could walk to that place in under 5 minutes and if there was a way to set it up for me to go get it. He said they couldn't do that and gave me some lame ass excuse. After I complained, he agreed that this seemed ridiculous to him to and he went to speak to his manager. He kept coming back to the phone about every 5-10 min to let me know that he hadn't forgotten about me, and finally after about an hour it was all set. I walked down the the building, traded routers, walked back and had the office back up 30 min later (had to refresh the config).

The whole thing was just laughable to me. Here I am in San Jose, CA talking to a tech in New Zealand about getting a product shipped from a block away.

Wayne

Reply to
NoOne N Particular

Was a sound bite on the evening news a few weeks ago.

One of the people profiled was a mom who had her work station in a spare room in the house.

She worked while the kid were in school.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Sounds like a personal problem to me.

BTW, maybe you were not aware your button is engaged.

I'm sure would want to know.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

That's because I was yelling for all to hear, Lew. I'll let you in on another secret; It was just slightly tongue-in-cheek (wink, wink).

Dave in Houston

Reply to
Dave in Houston

... snip of very well done phonetic conversation

LOL. I definitely agree. Really aggravated me when Walmart had their music store, I went to sign up (for my son, not for me, mind you). They responded with a window that to use their music store, one needed IE 6.0 or better. I had better, I was accessing the store with FireFox but the darned site wouldn't work.

Mark & Juanita

Read "The World is Flat".

No more surprises.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

They were the gold standard for RF test equipment back in the day. Their voltmeters and low-frequency analog, not so much.

Their test equipment computers (ala HP9826, HP9836) were brilliantly designed pieces of equipment for rack-mounted test stations and networked test equipment (the network being an IEEE-488 bus).

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Wow, the woodworker's equivalent of sorting your sock drawer! :-)

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Great read until the last chapter or so when he went off on his political rant.

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Pardon me all to ratshit. A little anal are we? LOL And here I thought

*I* was a coffee snob. (Tongue in cheek)

Slower 'n shit, bro'. But things are picking up a bit. After that plonkfest from a couple of weeks ago, a nice change.

Reply to
Robatoy

As for me, I like my coffee like my women.

Ever been around a chocolate refiner?

Talk about a unique smell.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Alright Max.... just stop it. I can't afford to have the SO come in and go "honey, look how nice his bit thingies are sorted. I'll bet if you did that kind of thing with your stuff you could find things anytime you wanted them".

Can't you just keep your bits in the little pouches and make sure you don't jerk the drawer around like the rest of us?

;^)

Robert

== set down the label maker and walk away ==

Reply to
nailshooter41

"Mark & Juanita" wrote

LOL Obsessive compulsive.

I wish the rest of my shop was that organized. :-( I wish my sock drawer was that organized. :-)

Max

Reply to
Max

"The Davenport's" wrote

Anal. LOL Did you notice that there were quite a few duplications. Before, if I couldn't find a certain bit right away, I went out and bought another one. I figured it would be cheaper to take the time to get organized than to keep buying more bits.

Max

Reply to
Max

Robert Allison