OT: Lost a dear friend, very skilled accountant and above all, my dad.

Didn't wake up this morning. He, short of 2 weeks, almost made it to age 90. One of the funniest people I knew, he saw so much humour in so many situations and places.

While so much attention was focused on my failing mother in the last few weeks, he decided just to sneak away while we weren't looking. Oh so typical.

We'll be missing him. Married for 62 years, he always wanted to go first. He did.

Donations to your local animal shelters, he loved dogs.

Reply to
Robatoy

Robatoy wrote in news:98f3bf6c-cfe0-466f-bb77- snipped-for-privacy@j2g2000yqb.googlegroups.com:

Mijn condoleances, ook via deze weg. Stand by Ma, she'll need it. Glad Dad's passing was peaceful. Do they live close by? I know that it'll likely take much longer than you would have thought before you have get used to it, but I hope that you and Ma will be at peace soon.

Reply to
Han

My deepest condolences Rob.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Sincerest condolensces Rob.

Reply to
Upscale

Sincere Condolences from us.

And thank you for placing us among those in you mind at a time like this.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

You have my sincerest condolences.

Reply to
krw

Sorry to hear about the news. Probably not totally unexpected given his age however that does not make it much easier to take. Sounds like they way I would choose to go if I had a choice.

Reply to
Leon

R:

It comes to all of us. Quite apparently, your friend left something good behind. That tells accomplishment. I commiserate. My sympathies to the wife and family.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Reply to
Edward Hennessey

I'm very sorry to hear that. Doesn't matter when it happens, it's never easy.

You have a lot of that as well. I'm sure the two of you had a lot of laughs together at this crazy wonderful world. Good memories.

He probably couldn't imagine a world without your Mom, and wanted to go ahead and make sure everything was ready for her.

Done.

RicodJour

Robatoy wrote in news:98f3bf6c-cfe0-466f-bb77- snipped-for-privacy@j2g2000yqb.googlegroups.com:

Rob,

So sorry for your loss. I lost my dad last Labor Day. I still expect to come home and have a message on my answering machine from Dad, but it never happens. Time will heal the wounds.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Robatoy wrote the following:

So sorry, Robatoy. At least he went quick and peacefully. It's the way I want to go.

Reply to
willshak

My condolences to you and your family.

Reply to
Nova

R:

Oh, if you want the name of the recipient appropriately calligraphed on a sympathy card, send me the envelope and I'll get it back promptly. The posting address works for contact with the obvious extraction.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Reply to
Edward Hennessey

My sincere condolences to you and your family.

He must have been an amazing person. After all, he helped create you!

I am sure that the many life lessons he taught you will be carried on by your and your family.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Very sorry to hear that, Rob.

The following has helped many in such times, Linda said to send it to you in hopes that it does so again:

Swingman

My condolences as well.

I've been considering adopting an aged homeless dog lately. Maybe this is the impetus I need.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

Don't post very often, but a reader and "lurker" for 6+ years. My deepest sympathy!

Bill Hall

Reply to
Bill Hall

My math was off, married for 66 years!!

Thank you all for the responses, we appreciate it very much.

Reply to
Robatoy

I'm sorry to learn of your loss. None of us will live forever; my dad only made it to 72. I'll always remember something the pastor said around that time. He said that people live on in at least 3 ways: In our memories, in what they built (including family), and through what they taught others. It has been both a source of peace and understanding to me to observe that he was right. It sounds like your mother is the one who will most need the extra efforts from you and your other family members who can help. I wish you all of the extra strength that you'll need.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

When those, close to me or whom I have come to know, have such a loss, I, in my own quiet way, am often transfixed with their loss, their descriptions of their loved one and what that person meant to them. I try to learn, through their words, what, exactly, it is they have lost and I, somehow, try to feel it for myself. I lost my dad when I was nine. It is times as these that I wish I had such memories as yours. There is a portrait of my dad that commands a wall, all for himself, in my old shop. I have often wished he could see me now. I think he would be proud.

I give a well deserved slatute to your Dad, Rob.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny