OT - Ice Cream and Toilet Supply Lines

We get the paper delivered on weekends. SWMBO reads it in the recliner while having her coffee. "You want me to heat that up for you?" "Yes, please." Gawd, she's got it so good! ;-)

She reads it mainly for the local news and feature items. She cuts out articles that she thinks I might be interested in. e.g. She was on unemployment for about a month when Covid first hit. She found an article on doing taxes that mentioned unemployment benefits. Cut it out, left it on my desk. That type of thing.

She often finds things to do around town and movies that she/we might be interested in. Keeps her happy which keeps me happy.

The delivery comes with a interesting situation. Does the elderly gentleman that delivers the paper at 3 AM do it because he has to or because he wants to? Does the fact that he is so bowlegged that it takes him upwards of 2 minutes to shuffle his way from his car to my front door and back a problem for him or just a way of life? At any hint of inclement weather he climbs the 2 steps of my stoop and puts the paper inside the storm door just like I did when I was a teenager. Sometimes it's not even needed, so I'm guessing he does it because he wants to.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

They were done long before the Internet. They've been dying for at least fifty years. They'd already been turning into ad sheets with little between.

Reply to
krw

Local news is minimal anymore, but there is some. I like reading the opinion columns, even though most are syndicated. Plus the comics.

I pick up the Sunday Pittsburgh PA Post Gazette on my way home from work every Sunday morning. There is a lot more content in that paper for sure.

Reply to
Michael Trew

If I had a delivery service like that I would take the paper again. News papers are good for protecting the floor when spray painting. ;~)

Reply to
Leon