OT - Door Weatherstripping

Not exactly related to WW, but I have exterior doors with a flat copper weatherstripping band that is about 1/25" wide. It is tacked into the jamb about every inch or so.

It is cracked so I'd like to replace it, since it seems pretty effective. However, I can't seem to locate a source for it. Anyone know of any supplier that carries it?

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

Funnily enough, I asked a similar question a week or two ago. Attached is my question and Mel's reply.

A quick google for bronze weatherstrip found this supplier. (USA I'm afraid)

is a flat strip you nail on and run a tool down to make it bow outwards although I notice they also list some V-strip too.

Frank McVey

Thanks.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

The Borg carries it here. WeatherstrippingSpring Weatherstrip, Frost King

Craft@Hrs Unit Material Labor Total

Spring Weatherstrip, Frost King

You set spring tension to create maximum seal. Fits one average door or window.

SKU 518603, No. MB617H, 1-1/8", Bronze BC@.350 Ea 6.97 9.73 16.70

Eric Ryder

Thanks. I didn't see it at my Borg here in No. Va.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

(Wednesday) after charging me only $5 shipping. I highly recommend them.

Thanks.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson