OT: Anyone here from Biloxi?

If so, could you please ping me on the back channel? I need to get in touch with someone at the Sun Herald. More than a dozen years back someone from that newspaper came up to our paper and taught us what Customer Satisfaction means. He had a tremendous effect on our business and we want to give something back to them given the current troubles.

I do have a query in to Knight-Ridder, but on the off chance...

If anyone knows John McFarlane from the Sun Herald, I'd be specifically looking to get in touch with him, as he was the guy.

I wasn't at the Western Producer when he came up (I've been there 11 years), but I was part of the customer satisfaction committee for many years, and know how much it meant to us. I have the Sun Herald's "customer bill of rights" on the wall of my office.

A long shot, I know...

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Dave Balderstone wrote: : If so, could you please ping me on the back channel? I need to get in : touch with someone at the Sun Herald. More than a dozen years back : someone from that newspaper came up to our paper and taught us what : Customer Satisfaction means. He had a tremendous effect on our business : and we want to give something back to them given the current troubles.

: I do have a query in to Knight-Ridder, but on the off chance...

: If anyone knows John McFarlane from the Sun Herald, I'd be specifically : looking to get in touch with him, as he was the guy.

: I wasn't at the Western Producer when he came up (I've been there 11 : years), but I was part of the customer satisfaction committee for many : years, and know how much it meant to us. I have the Sun Herald's : "customer bill of rights" on the wall of my office.

: A long shot, I know...

Have you tried their website:

they have a forums section, that you can post your question also.

: -- : Life. Nature's way of keeping meat fresh. -- Dr. Who

Reply to
kmy

They have a web version that is up and running. You should be able to get some contact info from that.

I'm from there but not there right now. Have been down several times since the storm.

I used to throw that paper (Daily Herald back then) >If so, could you please ping me on the back channel? I need to get in

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

I have, but they make it clear that they are under a lot of pressure right now (no doubt) and are not answering individual email. I don't want to put any pressure on the staff that are working in difficult conditions so I'm looking for a direct line.

I have a call in to Knight-Ridder's corporate office which will hopefully get me the contact info I'm looking for, but it never hurts to ask on other channels.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

See my reply to "kmy" about the web site.

Hopefully I'll get a call back from Knight-Ridder today or Monday.

I've never been there, but intend to visit some day.

Thanks for your reply, Frank.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone