On west coast - White oak - kd for $1.35/BF - Is this a good price????

Local west coast mill is offering kd White oak, 8-foot lengths, s2s, 1

1/8-inch, varying widths for $1.35 per bf. I don't buy much lumber, but he has 300 bf sitting there ready to go. So is that a fair/cheap price for the area? seems like a good buy, but would like to here from the wreck...

Thanks - Schroeder

Reply to
Schroeder

Location?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

NW Oregon

Reply to
Schroeder

unless it's full of cracks or knots or something else negative, that sounds very good

Reply to
nospam_coloradotrout

If you let me know where it is, I will make the decision easy for you... it won't be there. :)

Shawn

Schroeder wrote:

Reply to
Shawn

Yes. That is a good price and if I wasn't full up to my eyelids in oak, I would have jumped on it. I think I saw that in the Oregonian? SH - From Astoria

Reply to
Slowhand

Everyone lookout! It's a gloat!

Reply to
Kevin

Seams/seems like a great buy.

Reply to
patrick conroy

That's almost criminal, it's so cheap. I'd nab a bunch of it at that price, and I'm not even a big fan of oak.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Reply to
Prometheus

Don't know about the area all the way on the left coast and too far north besides, but in my corner of Virginia that would be cheaper than what poplar goes for at my local wood supplier.

Reply to
Silvan

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 14:07:45 -0800, "Schroeder" calmly ranted:

Name of the mill? City? Phone number? Address? Minimum purchase required? Any QS?

- In nature's infinite book of secrecy a little I can read. -Shakespeare ------

Website Application & Database Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Thanks everyone for the help..., good to know I wasn't just being cheap. I guess it is now officially a "gloat"...its in my shop now.

Schroeder

Reply to
Schroeder

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 06:26:44 -0800, "Schroeder" calmly ranted:

So you're not going to tell us where the mill is located or how to contact them?

-- Remember: Every silver lining has a cloud. ----

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I think I saw the ad in the Oregonion. SH

Reply to
Slowhand

I don't see it in Yesterday's paper. hmmm.

Reply to
mrgreg

I saw some on woodweb I think yesterday (in oregon). That may be the place. SH

Reply to
Slowhand