Old Craftsman table saw

I need someone help in identifying the start capacitor for my saw. This saw 113.29903 was given to me by a friend. The top surface was very rusty and the parts in need of a lot of cleaning and adjustment. I have the saw back in working order but the motor needs a start capacitor. The capacitor was thrown away along time ago. Also would anyone know the age of this saw.

Motor Emerson KS55FN-349

1hp 115v 3450rpm

Thanks Steve

Reply to
hgwt

Steve wrote: Group: rec.woodworking Date: Tue, Jul 22, 2003, 7:28pm (EDT-3) From: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net I need someone help in identifying the start capacitor for my saw. This saw 113.29903 was given to me by a friend. The top surface was very rusty and the parts in need of a lot of cleaning and adjustment. I have the saw back in working order but the motor needs a start capacitor. The capacitor was thrown away along time ago. Also would anyone know the age of this saw. Motor Emerson KS55FN-349

1hp 115v 3450rpm Thanks Steve ****************************************************** I suggest taking it to a motor repair shop. It probably needs reconditioning anyway. It will be cheaper than buying a new motor and the old ones are better than the new ones. While it's bring refurbished you can work on the rusty table. Peace ~ Sir Edgar =F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8= =F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8
Reply to
Sir Edgar

Have you tried the Emerson Tool website?

Lee Gordon

Steve,

Start caps are not critical if you err on the large side. I'd just browse a catalog and compare similar HP motors and see what they're using. Not enough could make it hard to start but too much is no big deal.

Reply to
Bruce

Reply to
Wilson Lamb

Reply to
keith nuttle

The capacitor on my motor does not have any markings. If you take it to a motor repair shop, they should be able to help.

Reply to
Randy A.