Old Barn

My wife's grandfather has a barn in NW PA that was built in 1865. They want the barn gone. I have gotten a couple hundred board foot of mostly planks from inside and it is hemlock. Many of the boards I have been from 9 to 15 inches wide and have very tight grain with great patena. The barn is about

45 ft by 35 ft and it contains a lot of lumber including some nice beams. They are considering burning it down and as I live in Fl I can not salvage much of the wood. If there is anyone interested in lumber from this source email me at snipped-for-privacy@volvo.com. We are not looking to make anything off the wood but would like it to go to better use then ashes. The family has discussed possibly collecting a very little from interested parties to cover some of the cost of tearing down that which is not wanted by anyone.

Hoping to find some people who desire this antique lumber

Respectfully Eric Olsen

Reply to
Eric Olsen

Post a notice on

That's where the timber frame interest is.

Reply to
My Old Tools