Ok that hardwood vs softwood thing

So a conifer is a softwood, deciduous tree is a hardwood, what the heck is a decidous conifer, besides being a bald cypress.

Just one of those thing that crop up this time of year as the drifts of bald cypress leaves (needles?) fill the yard.

Reply to
Markem

as well as a Dawn Redwood, recently planted in my front yard by the local arborist club (with my approval, of course)...

Reply to
bnwelch

This might help...or serve to confuse:

bnwelch

FWIW A needle type leaf indicates a soft wood tree, broad leaf, a hardwood tree.

Both varieties have soft and hard woods.

Reply to
Leon

Spalted Walt

If it's a conifer, it's softwood. Deciduous, or not.

Reply to
krw

More of a musing than a question actually, which of course would require mousing.

Reply to
Markem

never forget there are always exceptions with some exceptions

douglas fir is not a fir

etc

just make sure to choose the wood that will meet the requirements of the project

Reply to
Electric Comet