Oil for air tools???

Mail order/online order a 16oz bottle, will probably last a lifetime for the average home hobbiest - Got my Paslode oil at HD, think it was around $7 for the 16oz size. At a few drops per use of the nailer, it will very likely still be half full when I am no longer here

John

Reply to
john

3 in 1 has been around as long as I can remember, but never thought of it as a solvent. I see it is now owned by the WD-40 company and they claim that 3 in 1 lubricates, cleans, prevents rust. Hey, isn't that what WD-40 does? Could it be the same stuff in a different container?
Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

The oil for my air compressor is a non detergent oil. says so right on the bottle Can you use this stuff in the tools as well? I have a bottle of it right here.:)

Reply to
Jim

Not unless they've changed from what the old 3-in-1 was. It was just a light low viscosity non-detergent oil.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Hi Sally.:) I get so confused with all the answers I decided to us a bit of the oil that can with my compressor in my older nailers but I've left my new air grinder in the box until I can get the real stuff. I'm new to all this and used to just be able to go down the block for the right stuff. This living in the boondocks will take some getting used to.

Reply to
Jim