Oh Hell, Look Up The Damn Tips Yourself

Gots no time for this, got things to look up for myself.

JOAT I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do them.

- Picasso

Reply to
J T

Well, damn, JOAT. I was just gonna ask you if you'd seen a good, low cost, easy and fast to build corner desk plan yet. ;)

Reply to
Charlie Self

Wed, Dec 19, 2007, 1:55pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Charlie=A0Self) doth sayeth: Well, damn, JOAT. I was just gonna ask you if you'd seen a good, low cost, easy and fast to build corner desk plan yet. ;)

Only for you Charlie. Concrete blocks, painted the color of your choice, and solid core door. You want it smaller, cut the door to suit. Unless you'd prefer something plain.

JOAT I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do them.

- Picasso

Reply to
J T

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3337.bay.webtv.net:

You'd need two doors. He wants a corner desk.

For the record, I added a new shelf in my garage in 5 minutes. It's two sawhorses and a solid-core door. The door is about 1/2" or so smaller than the saw horse's width, but it's not a problem.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Thu, Dec 20, 2007, 6:34am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Puckdropper) doth sayeth: You'd need two doors. He wants a corner desk.

You sure? I figured he'd just cut one end in a triangle. Could I be wrong? Could you be right?

JOAT My memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory is not as sharp as it used to be.

Reply to
J T

Sounds like the bookshelves I had in school. We're getting so buried in books, I have to take up that aspect of the hobby again, soon, and knock out dozens of feet of shelves. I hope I have enough oak that's dry.

Now, lessee, what color for those blocks...used to leave them unpainted, but these days, I'm older and wiser (OK, OK, never mind the smart assed remarks: I'm at least half right), so maybe--not yellow, that's for kitchens, bathrooms and tool rooms--maybe a pale magenta. Does anyone know what color puce is? I doubt a want to use a color with spelling that close to "puke," though.

Reply to
Charlie Self

innews: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3337.bay.webtv.net:

Put the single door at a 45 across the corner. Put a tall plant and a pole lamp in the gap. Form *and* function.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Thu, Dec 20, 2007, 8:15am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Charlie=A0Self) doth sayeth: We're getting so buried in books, I have to take up that aspect of the hobby again, soon, and knock out dozens of feet of shelves.

so maybe--not yellow, that's for kitchens, bathrooms and tool rooms--maybe a pale magenta.

I use my knock-down book shelves. Each one is about 18" wide, and about a foot tall. Stack on top of one another. And between two columns, you can put a piece in for more shelves. I've got my halway lined with them, four tall.. Five tall beside the TV with vidwos. Plus some in the laundry room, beside the couch - that one with a top board fitted, and in the reading room. Plus some in the shop. Any time I need more book space, just rout one one or two, put 'em together, and stack them on. I had a link for directions for making them posted here once, long ago. Then someone said something really stupid, that really pissed me off, so I tossed the link. That takes a lot to do, but that person worked at it really hard.

Magenta is a color? Pain't 'em yellow, that's relaxing, and easy to remember at the paint store.