Offcut management

I have just adopted your attitude. I have some rreally nice pieces of scrap that have been around the shop for 25 years. It has gotten to where the scrap restricts movement in the shop. I am sure that some pieces will never be used but they just look nice. There is a 4' piece

1X6 cocobolo that is just a beautiful decoration to the shop. Meantime, I am eagerly awaiting cold weather to clean out the scrap.

Dick

Reply to
Richard Cline

On 9 Jul 2004 02:37:55 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@codesmiths.com (Andy Dingley) calmly ranted:

Talk about an assinine way to add to global air pollution...

------------------------------------------- Crapsman tools are their own punishment

Comprehensive Website Design ======================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Well, I don't know about you, but I don't like my steak raw.

todd

Reply to
Todd Fatheree
Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I was under the impression that burning wood was far different pollution wise than fossil fuels.

I may be wrong, but I've seen this stated many times in naturalist magazines.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

"different" != "better".

If it's the sort of magazine I'm thinking of take everything you read there with a large dose of salt.

Reply to
J. Clarke

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 21:13:26 -0400, Wally vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

I put them carefully in a big box for later use, where the termites get to them within a couple of months. Sometimes I sft threough them and get bitten by a spider.

Reply to
Old Nick

How about donating them to a Senior Center that offers woodworking?

Stinky

Reply to
stinky

Snip

Someone posted somewhere that they glue the pieces pell-mell into blocks, cut up the blocks, rearrange, glue up the pieces into blocks, then apply a lathe.

-Phil Crow

Reply to
Phil Crow