Of patterns and adhesives...

I'm looking for printable letter patterns that would be suitable for cutting out on a scroll saw. Is there someplace online where these could be purchased or downloaded?

I'm also looking for a "light" spray on adhesive that I can use to stick patterns to wood with. I've used 3M 77 in the past, but removing the paper after adhering it to the wood is nearly impossible. Something with the holding power of Post-It note glue would be perfect. Ideas?

Thanks all!

Reply to
Gene

I pick a font that I like in MS Word and enlarge it as much as possible...I then take it to the copy store and enlarge to my heart's content...

I've had better success with double sided carpet tape then the MMM 77...that

3M stuff has a bad solvent and it seems to just go all over the place.. Larry
Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote

Someplace like JoAnne's Fabrics would likely carry that. Thanks!

Reply to
Gene

I have a box of a dozen cans of this stuff, Not often useful, but it's perfect for this.

It's an aerosol glue made for T shirt printing. It holds the T shirts in place while they're being screen printed. Try some sort of fabric shop.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

And you could leave your wives standing around in the (rain, sun, sleet, snow please pick one) while YOU go putter around in a fabric shop for a change!

Josie

Reply to
firstjois

I have nearly as much baled fabric in my house as I have stacked timber. They're both mine!

Reply to
Andy Dingley
3M super 77 dissolves easily if you spray on naptha. Patterns just fall off after a coat of this stuff. Paint thinner works too, but takes too long to dry out.

Reply to
Matthew Deaner

Way to go! Do you have a sewing machine? One of your very own? My Dad did, a super old black Singer factory machine, made canvas boat covers for boats he'd made.

Josie

Reply to
firstjois

Use the fonts in your computer, or get something like Paintshop Pro.

Lots of styles to choose from.

Gene wrote:

Use the fonts in your computer, or get something like Paintshop Pro. I use the Corel Graphics Suite because I have it.

Lots of styles to choose from.

--RC

Reply to
Rick Cook

Three, I think.

Made one of these a few weeks ago, a Belgian Military Chef's Jacket

Made one of these lately too (although didn't use a pattern), a French Cheesemaker's Smock
's no front opening, so it's a good woodturning shirt.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Cool Beans!

Reply to
firstjois

I know the feeling.

Reply to
CW

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 22:03:28 -0400, "firstjois" calmly ranted:

I'd like 11 yards of Sanderson's Morris Willow bough in blue, please, Andy. I have an A&C couch to make. Thanks! ;)

I picked up a Universal sewing machine (just like the old #15 Singers) for $5 a couple years ago and have made samples of my laptop glare guards on it. It handles 2 layers of 420-Denier nylon, foam, glue, a strip of velcro hook, and 2 layers of naugahyde binding without even flinching. Harbor Fright has brand new industrial machines for $249.

BTW, that t-shirt glue is called repositionable (or remount, or low-tack) adhesive. I tried it on the glard guards early on and found I needed a much heavier, high-temp grip.

-------------------------------------- PESSIMIST: An optimist with experience --------------------------------------------

- Web Database Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Mon, Oct 11, 2004, 7:05pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@deltasoft.com (Gene) claims: I'm looking for printable letter patterns that would be suitable for cutting out on a scroll saw. Is there someplace online where these could be purchased or downloaded?

Yeah. All you gotta do is look. I can't adjust print sizes, so use a photo-copy machine, to up-size, or down-size.

I'm also looking for a "light" spray on adhesive that I can use to stick patterns to wood with.

I use thinned Titebond II, glue the paper down, let it dry, cut out the pattern, and paint it, paper and all. No prob.

My way is a lot less expensive, a lot less fiddley, and works great.

JOAT I smile because I know my God loves me. You on the other hand, he doesn't much like.

Reply to
J T