O/T: What are you getting the missus this year?

in Houston

Reply to
Dave in Houston

Tim Daneliuk

dirty bags, so I bought her a Dyson vortex bag-less. Same idea that works so well in the shop (Oneida). Is it such a horrible idea? The beige carpets really do need cleaning more than the once a week she manages to get in. What's so wrong with a gift that helps her do that?

Reply to
MikeWhy

Reply to
Dave in Houston

Maybe my sarcasm meter is busted, but if not, you sir are going to the doghouse. And it's not even close . . .

Reply to
Gary A in KC

A nail gun.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

for some reason I'm reminded of this ...

My cousin, knowing his step daughter had a desire to travel and see the world, gave her luggage as a high school graduation gift. Nothing says "get out of the house" quite like luggage !

Lenny

Reply to
lenhow

Ooooops - didn't realize they were the same thing as I was merely responding to your msg ;)

Reply to
Tim Daneliuk

Don't know, but I'm sure she'll tell me as soon as she decides.

Reply to
joe

in fact, that I have survived -- not once, but *twice* -- giving my wife a vacuum cleaner.

For Christmas.

At her request.

Am I lucky, or what?

Reply to
Doug Miller

Yeah, I was just having a little fun. ;D We exchange small tokens on holidays, nothing you might consider even a bauble. She just likes knowing that I still remember.

Reply to
MikeWhy

Mine just said "A short cruise". Okay.

Reply to
tom

Lucky you. A quick trip to MacDonalds sounds like a pretty inexpensive gift.

Reply to
Upscale

"Dave in Houston" wrote in news:77U%k.5867$8_3.5399 @flpi147.ffdc.sbc.com:

This has been my plan for the holiday season for a number of years now:

to New Yorker cartoon)

Scott

Reply to
Elrond Hubbard

I think it will be another Husqvarna sewing machine, for embroidery. The good new about that is that she was looking at the $9000.00 machine and is now looking at the $3800 machine that was recently in the Houston Quilt Show and marked down about $1K.

Isn't a sewing machine sorta like a vacuum cleaner?

I use the Jet dust collector and the Festool Vacuum. She uses the Husqvarna Quilt Designer. I use the Ricar vacuum cleaner and the Roomba. she uses the Long Arm sewing machine.

Reply to
Leon

snipped-for-privacy@flpi147.ffdc.sbc.com...

Every time I see the name Husqvarna, regardless of the product discussed, I feel just a wee bit shitty for ever selling my 250cc Husqvarna dirt bike. Modern day dirt bikes are a whole lot better suited for heavy motocross, but.... I worked a lot of menial part-time jobs and chores to get the money together for that bike. It was a dream come true....a victory of sorts. My mother, who was never into baubles, was very happy to get a Nilfisk vacuum for her birthday once. (Mind you, inside the birthday card was also a reservation to my parents' favourite resort in the Swiss Alps.)

One thing I will always be grateful for and that was something my maternal grandmother always said: "We're too poor to buy cheap stuff." My grandfather always liked her saying that. He was a carpenter/ cabinet maker and had some really cool stuff. All Neander.

Reply to
Robatoy

Every time I see the name Husqvarna, regardless of the product discussed, I feel just a wee bit shitty for ever selling my 250cc Husqvarna dirt bike.

That was my first association with the Husqvarna name also, back in the early 70's. What, they make other things now????

Reply to
Leon

I only had a few sports heroes in my youth. Torsten Hallman, Stirling Moss, and Mike Hailwood. All motorsports guys in one form or another. I used to collect marque badges, the small pins with a motor company's logo on it. My prized one was a Husqvarna pin. I put it on the lapel of my cousin, also a motocross buff, the day of his funeral.

Reply to
Robatoy

Tazio Nuvalri, Juan Manuel Fangio.

DJM

Reply to
Dave in Houston

"Robatoy" wrote

I recall only having one: Fred Parnell, from Baton Rouge, LA.

... guess what sport! :)

Reply to
Swingman