O/T: Quote Of THe Day

Until recently, we only had alcohol in the gas in the winter. Riding a motorcycle in the winter here is only for the foolhardy, so it didn't bother me.

Now we have it year round. I went to put gas in the tank last year and found big pieces of my tank liner floating!

I got the tank relined with something supposedly impervious to the alcohol, but I've been buying un-alkied gas at a commercial station whenever possible.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

One can tell you are on the Democrat's side in this debate, simply because math is involved.

If ten people take a test and 9 score 100 and one test-taker scores zero, then 90% of the test takers are above average, not five as you claim.

Again, you are sloppy with your definitions. EVERY company "outsources." They outsource security, janitorial services, insurance, grounds maintenance, air conditioning repair, and so on. Even governments "outsource." For example, my town outsources residential garbage removal to Browning-Ferris, a private concern.

I THINK you meant "offshoring," instead of "outsourcing," but it's hard to tell.

Reply to
HeyBub

One can tell you are on the Democrat's side in this debate, simply because math is involved.

If ten people take a test and 9 score 100 and one test-taker scores zero, then 90% of the test takers are above average, not five as you claim ========================================================================== You missed. Try again.

Again, you are sloppy with your definitions. EVERY company "outsources." They outsource security, janitorial services, insurance, grounds maintenance, air conditioning repair, and so on. Even governments "outsource." For example, my town outsources residential garbage removal to Browning-Ferris, a private concern.

I THINK you meant "offshoring," instead of "outsourcing," but it's hard to tell. =========================================================================== Rather dense, aren't you.

Reply to
CW

Republicans can't do math? Thanks for confirming my suspicion :-).

You can get any result you want in a sample that size. But human intelligence of a large group fits the normal bell-shaped curve. If you don't know what that is, ask a Democrat :-).

And you're sloppy in your assertions. You meant that "today" most companies "outsource". And you're right. I know of some when I was working that outsourced only insurance - but that's like claiming they outsourced the gasoline they used in the company cars :-).

But as far as "offshoring", the definition of outsourcing has no reference to locale - it serves for both domestic and foreign.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard