Not really a gloat but...

One of the local Dewalt dealers had a promotion today with the big Dewalt trailer and even brought one of Matt Kenseth's old Cup cars for everyone to drool over. The trailer was a big semi rig and the sides folded open and you could walk through to see all the latest Dewalt stuff. The trailer was cool but the car was way cool. We were looking for a new 18v driver but nothing got our attention price wise. We did end up buying a model DW 703 10" chop saw. We've had the same saw on the job for several years. It's been through a couple minor repairs but overall has served us well. Lately the electronic brake is making odd noises so we knew it could be time for a replacement soon. It turns out the model 703 is being discontinued and replaced by a new model 713. The price (for the 703) during the promotion was $149.00. While the other saw is still going, we thought the price was too good to pass up. Plus, we didn't have to remod the cart we have for it. If your in the market for a pretty generic compound miter saw you might watch for a deal on this one. Since it is being discontinued I expect everyone will be clearing them out soon. BTW, the fancy Dewalt truck did not have a new 713 yet but the guy said it would have a laser and other "improvements".

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O.