Not a gloat just info for any interested

I went to HD in Lexington yesterday and they had 3/4" Maple/Birch Ply on sale for $29.79. I bought 10 sheets for myself. This is cheaper than the pine exterior stuff that I was going to use to build my shop cabinets, now they will look nice. ;-)

Guy at HD said each store got some of this so if your interested get down there.

KY

Reply to
KYHighlander

It looks like my HD is starting to carry it regular. At first one would just see it on the floor in a stack at the end of one of the aisles. Now when I go there they have it in the wood racks next to all there other ply. BTW did you notice how many layers your ply had. About a month ago I bought four sheets because I was told they just get it every-so-often. When I got it home three of the sheets were 12 layered ply and one was just five layered. Now all they carry is the five layered. Personally I don't know the advantages/disadvantages of either, though the 12 layer did seem to dado with less tear out.

Reply to
Joseph Smith