Norm fans--this'll keep you busy...

A comprehensive article on The New Yankee Workshop at

?videos,audio MP3 interviews, articles. As described at Phillip Wise's
where I found this: "...hours of delight."

Rod

Reply to
LRod

Thanks. Wish the videos were a "wee bit" longer and the editor used a steadycam, but they were very helpful. It also sounds like the guy hasn't watched NYW that long. He mistakenly identified the garden shed for the barn that Norm built for Morash as his "intro" into TV.

Thanks again.

MJ Wallace

Reply to
mjmwallace

I thought that, too. There were several other little things about the tools that struck me the same way.

However, I was impressed with how Morash opened up to him. He let a lot of things out of the bag that, while open secrets (NYW shop on his property, for example), still had never been really confirmed by anyone in charge.

The speculation about where the kitchen made for the 2008 season are going was confirmed here, too--they're going in Morash's kitchen. Which I don't have one bit of a problem with. I think he's earned every cent of their worth with his enterprise.

Reply to
LRod

Rod,

I think Norm said it in the famous Fine Woodworking article about the NYW? Also, the location should be somewhat locatable. Morash lives near Milford (he said the stone came from the quarry) and there is a common area behind his house. I am sure his phone is not listed, but if you had a older phonebook (libraries do) of the area, he probably is listed. Google Earth should then do the trick, I think.

I agree, tho it would have been even better if it was the kitchen for the TOH project (which I am sure needs a new kitchen). I am sure timing was a factor. Hometime has been doing staff homes now for the last 2 years. All except Dean's house, tho.

MJ Wallace

Reply to
mjmwallace

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@x40g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

No, they did Dean's house 5 or 6 years ago. A great big honking house, with two stories and a basement. In the basement was a home theater project with a monster TV. They redid that piece in the last year or two.

Who owns the house isn't important. That they do interesting projects that relate to 'real life' is. They're pretty good at that, most of the time.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

I seem to remember someone posting years ago that Russ Morash lived in Burlington. Hence, thats where the NYW magic happens.

Reply to
Dave Gordon

innews: snipped-for-privacy@x40g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

As long as we're talking staff kitchen remodels:

Renovations host Paul Ryan's show on his Mom's kitchen airs (again) Sept 15 at 10:00 EST

Reply to
DerbyDad03

The New Yankee Workshop is located in back of the Victory Garden. The door to the rear of the workshop near where Norm display his sample projects opens onto the garden.

Dave N

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
David G. Nagel

Not anymore. Morash has not been involved with the Victory Garden for the past 3-4 years and the current version is shot at an entirely different location.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

If by "near" you mean within ten or fifteen miles (several towns, by Boston area standards), not even close. Milford is more than 25 miles by crow (and nothing is in the Boston area) from Morash's place.

Reply to
LRod