newbie question

Don't know of who do adjust for surfacing (other than, perhaps some of the mail order places who deal in specialty project pieces and I'm not even sure of that for other than thin pieces which aren't normally priced by bd-ft anyway). As I noted previously, it's based on the raw stock size before any surfacing. Any place that will base the bd-ft value on surfaced thickness will adjust the price/bd-ft to reflect the original stock as they will certainly have that as the cost basis in buying the material.

And in case I misinterpreted your meaning above, actually, they calculate by thickness, just that in the case of 4/4 stock it's "1" so it numerically is the same. Buy some 6/4 stock and see if they "ignore" it then... :)

And for point three, just in case, the point was to a bd-ft to OP who I thought as he noted he was new to buying hardwoods might just not actually know...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

"ignore"

Reply to
TheNewGuy

Rob was thinking interms of Canuckistani loonies, before the US dollar turned into pesos.

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

Heyy...waittasec.. I know I'm new here..but THAT was a drive-by, right?

Under 3 bucks a bd-ft for walnut? I'll go out on a limb here, but you suck!

Robatoy

Robatoy wrote in news:design-E1B07E.23082026022005 @news.bellglobal.com:

Rob, re do the math, and see just how badly...

$1500, divided by 4000 =

Reply to
Patriarch

Waaaay under.... try thirty-seven CENTS a bf.

Doug Miller

What you have to remember is that what we bought was used construction material...wasn't our fault it happened to be walnut! :)

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Yeah! It was a backdoor gloat allright! Find out where that school was and complain to the county auditor about the shameful waste of taxpayers' money! :)

FoggyTown

Reply to
foggytown

construction

I hope you had to buy nineteen sets of blades for your thicknesser/surface planer.

FoggyTown

Reply to
foggytown