New Woodpecker Exact 90 Miter Gauge - do you believe it? (2023 Update)

2x the price wasn't interesting. Kinda like the Sawstop vs. Unisaur. ;-)

Six. ;-) One (PC693) I use for construction sorts of things. I like the 'D' handle for that sort of work. One is a Colt. Two in tables (one really used). And a couple of, well, green.

Good stainless doesn't stick to a bar magnet very well. I use magnetic hooks. Not these but similar:

I was really only looking at 8" jointers. I had a Crapsman 6" (from the early '80s) that was in tough shape. I gave it to a friend who has it almost completely restored. It may have been a 6" but it was way underpowered and too short to be all that useful.

It came down to the Jet and Laguna, with cost being the only advantage of the Jet. SWMBO told me to go for it (and gave me the money for our anniversary). OK, works for me.

Laguna JX8, 8", Woodwerks (aka thisiswoodworking.com)

Reply to
krw

Snip

Most of my rules, 4 of the 6 are BridgeCity.

Me too! I used it for tying our Great Dane.

I gave it to a friend who

They appear to have been in business over 30 years. You probably have nothing to worry about.

Reply to
Leon