New twist on old driver

On occasion I have wished I had a ratcheting screwdriver on hand. Here? ??s a new offering:

Gramps' shop

Same Canadian manufacturer, but slightly different " bit driver " .. cheaper but bits not included.

John T.

Reply to
hubops

Funny you bring this up... I've been cleaning up a bunch of old tools that I "inherited" from friends and co-workers. Amongst the tools are a couple Yankee screw drivers... I always wanted one of those and a "real" Stanley Yankee push drill (real as compared to the plastic handled imitation I had in the 70s that failed). I picked up a push drill off eBay.... it arrived today. I drilled a bunch of holes in pine, walnut and ash to try it out. Joy! LOL

All my hand tools have tails or are meat powered. Adding these to my collection makes it more complete....

I've had my electrolysis station running almost every day for weeks now. It's nice to see the old Starrett, Stanley and Millers Falls tools come back to life... It's like Christmas every day! LOL

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

You can put your Yankee screwdrivers to work more often - using all the modern bits - with these adaptors :

John T.

Reply to
hubops

I remember "helping" my grandfather around his shop 5.x decades ago. I love d playing with his Yankee screwdriver. He'd give me a board with holes in it and I'd drive screws to keep out of trouble. I can still smell the old bar of soap I used.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I'd seen those... They would come in handy when I'm doing sign work on the rail trails using coated deck screws with torx heads... I'll end up with one sooner rather than later.

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Here's our " local " rail trail

We've only tried biking a couple small sections so far.

John T.

Reply to
hubops

The Amazon reviews are mixed. People who like it really like it, people who don't like it criticize the bit retention, both the in-use bit (weak magnet) and the stored bits (loose fit so fall out). It rolls. One person claims that his broke in two after falling off a ladder, but he made the same complaint in several places, so he may be a crank. Also the reviews say the bits seat very deeply so it needs an adapter to use standard bits--otherwise they just vanish into the handle.

Reply to
J. Clarke

I'm involved with building a county wide trail network that is connected to the Empire State Trail in NY.... We've got 3 rail corridors, a number of state bicycle routes, and Complete Streets segments all coming together in my small city. If all goes well it will be completely built out by the time I'm too old to continue doing my long distance bicycle trips (1,500-3,100+ miles!).

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

the site says invented in canada

that is funny because they have been around a long time

i realize canada needs a boost wherever they can find it to try to show their sovereignty but that is a twist

they look pretty nice though

Reply to
Electric Comet