Adjusting heat cycle on old thermostat

Renting an apartment with boiler/radiator heat. Seems like when the heat goes on, it stays on too long. The old Robertshaw thermostat (can't see a model #) has a "longer-shorter" sliding switch inside it. Am I correct that moving it in the "shorter" direction will cause the heat to stay on for shorter periods? If I set the thermo at 65 degrees, I would want it to turn off at 67. Thanks.

Reply to
Mark Scalise

Yes

If I set the thermo at 65

Reply to
trader4

Correct. "Longer cycles" results in wider temperataure swings.

Setting for shorter cycles causes wires in the thermostat to produce heat to turn it off sooner.

Reply to
Rich256