New Motor from Grizzly

Just the other day, I decided to give my new G0555 bandsaw a good cleaning because there was a grinding noise while running. Assuming it was the blade, I started there. In the end, I removed the blade and the pully from the motor to the lower wheel to see if it was the wheel or the motor. Unfortunately, it's appeard to be the motor.

I called Grizzly, and talked to a rep who was very nice and asked me if I would put the phone by the machine. I did so and he had me do a little troubleshootings, then agreed there was a bearing problem. He apologized on behalf of the company and gave me an RMA number to return it so they could get a new one out to me. After I had the motor out, I turned the shaft and still heard the sound so I think it was called right.

Even though I had the trouble with a new bandsaw, Grizzly was very decent and easy to work with - I don't regret the fact that all (accept the RAS) major machinery in my shop is Green.

Don

Reply to
D. J. Dorn