New Milwaukee sliding compound miter saw?

Funny that it always seems to be those in the colonies that have a problem with Lucas. Many of us here in the UK have now done hundreds of thousands of miles in vehicles with Lucas electrics throughout. Sure we had the occasional blip, the odd distributor that closed up the points a drowned distributor cap, a misfire in hot weather. But it wasn't anything to really worry about. In those days anyone with half a clue rarely got stranded as they soon learnt the skills needed

- even some housewives knew how to clout an SU electric fuel pump to get it working again! Worst time for me was an electrical fire due to some bodged up electrics by the previous owner. It effectively took out *everything* I rewired the entire car at the side of the road when I got stranded in a remote town. Took about 3 hours.

My summer car - full of Lucas electrics has now done 6000 miles a year, every year since 1982 and other than points and brush changes, a regulator change a decade ago and the odd lamp, the electrics are those fitted at manufacture in 1972. and everything still works perfectly after recently reviving it from its winter layup.

Reply to
Mike

In = news: snipped-for-privacy@d38g2000prn.googlegroups.com, SonomaProducts.com dropped this bit of wisdom:

Back in the day (1967) I had a really nice Austin Healey 3000. =20

Wonderful auto with marvelous Lucas lamps and a superb ignition that = worked best dry.

The lamps worke even better one I swapped them for a set of Bosch and = the ignition became a never-fail setup once I introduced my Healey to a = colonial aftermarket upgrade.

Not to think I didn't love my car for I would still have it if it hadn't = developed a severe case of frame-rot.

P D Q

Reply to
PDQ

Hmmm "winter layup?" I wonder, does it have any trouble running in th rain? Couldn't be any problem with the electrical system could it?

;^)

P.S. Its been quite a while s> On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 09:31:02 -0700 (PDT), "SonomaProducts.com"

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

No, I just prefer running a more modern car in the winter, even though we usually get next to no snow the salt spread on the road makes a mess underneath and I just want my summer car to stay near perfect.

:-)

Some of us have long memories.

Reply to
Mike