new and want to make furnature

Yeah, I'm about at that point too. Obviously the chance of google ever fixing that is close enough to zero. I wonder if it's time for that filter.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

instead of clicking on the reply button at the bottom of the message, click on the options button at the top. from there you'll have a reply button that quotes by default.

next you need to learn to snip.

Reply to
bridger

Yes.

Router bits (~20,000 rpm) are not designed for the slow speed of a drill press.

You can use a glass cutter. Work on a perfectly flat surface, clean the glass, moisten it with kerosene, use a straight edge, score, and snap. Use 220 grit sandpaper to take off the sharp edges. If you don't want to do this yourself, look up "glass" in the yellow pages--it is low cost to have someone cut it for you.

Reply to
Phisherman

He means the outside layer of the plywood is of oak.

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

Quote: I am kind of new to woodworking. Would like to make a small entertainment center. (More like a table the tv sets on with doors on the bottom.

I have a table saw. Never used a router. Is that what you use to bevel the edges on a cabinet door? [/quote]

I am also quite new to building furniture, a set of "text book" style books that I found that have been invaluable. Fine Woodworking by Taunton Press, check one of the large chain book stores. I dont sell them but they will help with some basics.[/quote]

Reply to
Ward

The TV stands from the big box stores have doors on the bottom OK for some stuff, but I made drawers and find them to be much more useful. Full slides allows the drawer to come all the way out so nothing can get lost in the back. I made them deep enough to hold a CD or DVD case standing on edge.

Take a look at the one on my web page if you want an idea. It is oak plywood top and sides but the face frame and drawer fronts are solid oak. The top has a 1 1/2" border of oak around it for the edging. If you look at the sides, it looks sort of lake a panel. I did that just to break of the look of a slab of plywood. It is 1/3" think oak.

I have a router mounted in a table to do the drawer edges. I use that 99% of the time; rarely use the hand held router.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski