need source for 6" h&l disks

Got the Ridgid 6" VS ROS; in need of good quality, yet reasonable disks. Thanks.

Is 80-220 suggested? w/o skipping? Or is 220 overkill.. stop at 180? I've heard various opinions. And heard skipping one is OK too. Comments? The h&l is going to make this less of a headache.

As a side note.. I have the PC 5" 7335 adhesive disk sander.. had it for 10 years or so. Great sander, but w/o the dust hood it's not real enjoyable to use. Not sure the hood would be that effective. I saw a Festool, I believe, at a WW show plugged into a shop vac. No noticeable dust escaping. I was envious. The Ridged, attached to a shop vac is comparable, if not equivalent. Aaaaaah, I might actually start to enjoy sanding :-)

Reply to
nospam_coloradotrout

for me. 100 on an ROS is extremely aggressive, so I usually start at 120, go 180, set for fuzz and cut it with 220 on the speedbloc or by hand.

DON'T PRESS!!!!!

Reply to
George

Klingspor is where I used to order my sand paper but now I bought some discs from Amazon because of the free shipping. max

Reply to
max

... Ditto...Klingspor is great for everything discs. For some reason they seem to be somewhat high and last catalogue listed no PSA w/ holes of proper size.

I ordered a trial bunch of the Amazon-pushed brand for trial and was well satisfied so I've been using them exclusively. Still can't beat Klingspor for belts, however.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth