need a 5 inch pully and ( gloat)

i was given a 4 3/8 craftsman planner/jointer manufactured in the 1950's i little rusted, i took about an hour to buff the rust out.other wise it looks like it was never used, still has sharp (orginal) blades.

i found its parts list and user guide on the internet (good ol craftsman). it recommends a 1/2 horse power moter at 1750 rpm on a 5 inch pully to get the desired working rpms.

i found the moter at harbor freight. now all i need is that 5 inch pully. so far i cant find one doing an internet search. there is some local parts junk yard close by but i would like a new one.( i may rethink this according to price)

help please???

Reply to
Larry and Lois

did you try at mcmaster-carr?

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

Larry:

Try here:

Wallace

BTW: I did a "google" on - 5" pulley - I found this with

3 link hits
Reply to
mjwallace

on the tab marked "Power Trans". HTH --Glenn Lyford

Reply to
glyford

I buy all my pulleys from McMaster-Carr (mcmaster.com). Search for "pulley". Hope this helps. Joe

Larry and Lois wrote:

Reply to
Joe_Stein

thanks you all the one post that helped the most is reminding me to look for a v-belt. and i have never seen mcmaster.com before.( i like it) and i found hardwarestore .com as well

this was a good experiance. thanks again. larry

Reply to
Larry and Lois

The last time I was at a Sears Hardware Store they had a wide assortment of different sized pulleys.

Reply to
no(SPAM)vasys

Ace hardware???

DanG