Mystery Tool - What is it??

Posted in a.b.pictures.woodworking... Anyone ever see one of these before??

Reply to
Casper

Casper wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Wow, that's a weird one.

I'll take a wild guess, and say it's intended as a drilling guide to put 8 equally spaced holes around a center post.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

Nah, it's a wire stretching tool; aren't they all? :) (Even w/o access to the binary groups on this newsserver...)

Reply to
dpb

If you'd pound some nails through those holes, you'd have a "clamp" of sorts.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

A cable twister..... john

Posted in a.b.pictures.woodworking... Anyone ever see one of these before??

Reply to
jloomis

And if you pound nails through those holes into a work bench, you would have a stationary tool. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Cable-twister was a good guess. I saw a fence tool at the state fair the other day that would twist wire at about 8 different levels all at the same time (the idea was to insert a vertical slat about every foot or so, and twist the cables before and after it). Impressive gearing.

Reply to
Bill

Not many ideas I see.

I was given this photo and asked but have no clue. I have yet to receive an answer on what it is. Will let you know when I do.

My thoughts are why would it have two handles?

Reply to
Casper

Isn't a stationary tool used to make writing paper?

Reply to
DerbyDad03