My digits

1- table saw 1995 cross cut. 2- band saw 1995 distracted. 3- router table no guard 1996. only 6 1/2 left to go.
You braggin? Keep'em in an old pickle jar with formaldehyde in the shop to remind yourself or what?
1- table saw 1995 cross cut. 2- band saw 1995 distracted. 3- router table no guard 1996. only 6 1/2 left to go.
Knothead wrote:

I guess! Lose one and I'd be giving it (what I was doing in the shop) some real serious thought. Twice? In the same year? Start looking at stamp collecting and damn the paper cuts!<g>

Hmm -
2 more, and you're gonna have trouble countin' how many are missing... the good news is - you'll always be able to count how many are left.....
Rob
On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 01:36:41 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Hn J) wrote:

Maybe you should consider a new hobby while you still have enough fingers to do one. I would suggest something that doesn't involve sharp edges.
--
"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh, and bring something to kill"

Tim Douglass
Maybe you should take up golf.
Dave

Wot? And lose all his toes???

======================> Oldie but goody:
How high can you count on your fingers? Assuming 10!
-Doug
On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:56:51 -0700, "bole2cant"

In binary that's tragic.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
"LRod" wrote in message
I wrote:

====================I don't get the tragic reference....
But the reference to binary is correct: 2^10 or 1024.
-Doug
On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 21:06:06 -0700, "bole2cant"

The reference to binary is that 10 in binary is 2 in decimal - so only 2 fingers remaining is tragic.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com

Actually, the highest you could count to would be 1023, as the first number you count is 0. That is, unless you pre-date the Mayans. I know there are some codgers here, but sheesh :o).
Shameless plug: I've got a Flash tutorial on my site explaining how to count to 31 on one hand. Same principle applies to 2 hands. http://www.glassgiant.com/misc_count_to_31_on_one_hand.php
History of Zero: http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/gen99/gen99535.htm
Regards, Shawn
--
Shawn Wilson
snipped-for-privacy@glassgiant.com
LRod wrote:

Snip
LMAO!
-Phil Crow
There are only 10 kind of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Is it a coincidence that just last night on King of the Hill reruns, that Hank cut off a buddy's finger with a circular saw?

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Hn J) wrote in

Hmm, can't tell if this is a brag or a troll.

It must be tough to type.

Judging on your previous experience, it looks like you have about 20 years or so before your out of finger nails to bite. You might be more careful. SH - The "still got all 10 of 'em" woodworker.
On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:13:42 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@esper.com (Dave Mundt) wrote:

... snip

I took a look at that link, e-mailed it to work as a matter of fact, some of the photos should be useful. But, they also seem to get a bit carried away; for example, the baby spare on the back of the jeep leading into a diatribe about how sorry the driver will be when he has a flat -- my bet is the real spare is inside the jeep. As in, "it's a joke son, a joke I say". Some of the other diatribes were a bit off the deep end -- the situations while not necessarily according to Hoyle were not necessarily life-threatening hazards either. Guess one needs to apply some common sense filters. Another example -- the coke can screw holder -- want to bet the person using the can that way *wasn't* reaching his fingers into the can for the screws, but was shaking the screws into his hand from the can?
On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 22:17:02 -0700, Mark & Juanita
    *snip*

    Yea, I am with you on that. It seems to me that the pictures range from the AMAZINGLY dangerous (the stacked forklifts, the stacked ladders, the truck propped up on 2x4 stock) to the mildly hazardous (the various guys riding on the truck beds, and unsecured loads and such) to, as noted above, the "its a joke moment"..     I did like the "surfaces may be hot" sign that was wrinkled from the heat. I thought that was a EXCELLENT object lesson.     However, the author(s) all adopt the writing style that makes ALL the pictures "the same" in terms of danger to life and limb. Haw, considering some of the REALLY stupid things I have seen folks do, perhaps they have a point...but in many cases it seems more like "Chicken Little" screaming that the sky is falling...     still a great collection of pictures, and many useful ones in there.     Regards     Dave Mundt

    P.S.     This is a VERY observant comment! Got to remember that simply because we got away with it THIS time does not mean that the actions taken were "safe"...just that God smiled on us, and we were preserved from our stupidity.     DCM