multi spindle drilling head users?

Anyone here using one on a drill press or other machine to increase production? I'm looking for some user-oriented information as I design a few press releases for the woodworking industries magazines, etc.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr.

Joe AutoDrill

I use two at work. One is a huge pneumatic machine. Fast, if set up right. Generally for large production runs. The other is a small hand lever machine. Probably couldn't cost more than $700-$800. Might not be worth the price of admission for one kitchen, but if a person were inclined to build a dozen kitchens and baths then it would be indespensable. Rockler sells a small jig for hand drilling individual holes. Much slower but for a one man shop with only occasional use it might be just the ticket.

-Rick

Reply to
Sbtypesetter

CLIP Rick,

Thanks for the response. What can you tell me about the larger one? Is it mounted to a pneumatic drilling machine and/or does it have a brand name?

What I'm looking to do (other than expand my knowlege base) is learn about what people are using and what they do with them. I'm familair with a lot of different brands out there (as I compete with them) but I'm not sure how a lot of folks are using the units.

I know we have customers doing hinge holes all at once as well as other applications - and I'm including those write-up sin the magazine piece we are doing, but if there are other applications, I'd love to know aobut them.

A great example of something I had not considered is a new customer of ours stacking up a half dozen skateboard bodies and drilling the 8 holes needed to mount trucks(?) all at once. That's one step (two machines) doing 48 holes at once. I'll probably add that to the piece as well if I can make it readable for the magazine's audience.

Anyhow... I'd love to know how many spindles, brand, application, etc.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr.

Joe AutoDrill